Friday, August 24, 2012

My New Favorite Drugstore Lip Duo

Revlon Balm Stain in Precious & Rimmel Stay Glossy in Non Stop Glamour



 It was a happy accident when I saw these two little beauties lying side by side in my makeup bag a few weeks ago. Having bought them at different times and at different stores, it was like a little makeup fairy sprinkled a little sparkly dust my way!
As soon as the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains came out, I was hooked! The colors are rich and creamy and extremely long lasting on the lips without being dry in the slightest and the hint of mint flavor is a lovely little perk as well. These balm stains have become my go-to lip product of the summer, especially when I'm working and I don't have time to reapply my lipstick. I've amassed quite a little collection of them over the past few months because I thought that they were going to be limited edition, but now it seems they are part of the regular Revlon collection so I needn't have scrambled to collect them!
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains
Anyways, back to the review... Even when the sheen wears off the balm continues to feel soft and smooth. I love the brighter colors like Smitten and Lovesick for those days when you don't have time to do a lot of fancy eye makeup but you want to perk up your face. The staying power of the brighter/darker shades is amazing and so nice because they don't feather out at all! More often than not, however, I find myself reaching for Precious because it is the perfect nude shade for me and matches with everything. It looks almost grayish in the tube but comes off as a soft fleshy pink. Not too brown, not too Barbie! I will say that this shade doesn't quite have the staining power that the darker colors offer but again, the balm  itself keeps your lips feeling soft and smooth for hours and this is a great one to swipe on when you're in a hurry and don't have time to carefully apply a lipstick in the mirror. But for a little extra pizazz, a juicy layer over the top is nice too! And that's where my other little discovery comes in; Rimmel's Stay Glossy Long Lasting Lipgloss in Non Stop Glamour. This gloss is not sticky or thick at all and just gives the lips a gorgeous plump and healthy look. It has a nice goldy shimmer to it without being glittery, and it is indeed very long lasting and smooth without any noticeable flavor.
Just a couple of days ago I introduced one of my sisters to this combo and I am hoping that she loves it as much as I do! What lippy pretties have you loved this summer?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm addicted to the Revlon balm stains too!! I have like 4 of them!

beezeglo said...

Which colors do you have, Lisa?