Friday, August 31, 2012

Nail Trio

Today I rediscovered an old favorite nail combination: Bonder Rubberized Basecoat by Orly, Topless & Barefoot by Essie, & Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat by Sally Hansen.

The Bonder by Orly is one of the best base coats I've used. The rubbery texture really helps the polish adhere to the nail. As for the Topless & Barefoot Polish, let's just say, I have a love/hate relationship with Essie in general. I am always drawn in by the Essie colors but I really don't love the sheerness of the polish or the tiny brush. That said, I do love this particular shade enough to suffer through the 3 thick coats that it takes to achieve that perfect opaque look. It has enough pink in it to flatter most skintones and not too much yellow like some nudes can have.
And finally, we have the Sally Hansen Topcoat. I have tried all the high end top coats that promise long wearing, shiny, quick-drying results, but none of them have come close to creating the effect that the Sally Hansen one does. It stays shiny for days and days where other brands become dull after only two days, and it dries super quickly after application. I just love this one!
The resulting effect is a long lasting nude manicure that is perfect for daily wear or any occasion and it also looks great on toes! Let me know if you try this combo and how you liked it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

My name is Gloria, I am a spanish makeup artist and i have my first worldwire giveaway!!
Maybe you are interested.... :)
Thank you for reading!

http://www.theglowmakeup.com/2012/08/my-gift-to-you-un-regalo-para-ti.html

beezeglo said...

Thanks for commenting, Gloria! I will definitely check your giveaway out!