Monday, September 3, 2012

Day Off Breakfast Food!

Today is a holiday and I love having a lazy morning on a holiday! Usually I stick to a pretty quick and easy breakfast, but when I have a day off with nowhere to go I indulge in this yummy breakfast that brings me back to my childhood! This isn't going to win any awards for being the healthiest breakfast, but it's not so bad and it does make me happy! You have to live a little sometimes! What's your favorite holiday morning breakfast?


  1. Make one packet of instant Butter Grits in a bowl in the microwave.
  2. Spray a small skillet with Olive Oil spray and heat.
  3. Crack one egg into skillet, turn heat to medium, add a splash of water to pan, and cover.
  4. Allow egg to cook according to how runny or firm you like your egg. (I like mine runny in the middle!)
  5. Meanwhile, add one Jimmy Dean fully cooked sausage link to the micro & cook for 30 seconds.
  6. Give Grits a good stir, add egg to the top, and then the sausage on the side.
  7. Devour with a second cup of coffee! (Optional) ;)

No comments: